Key things to mention at a Pharm. school interview?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

LandyPharmD

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My first interview is in my top three list. I really want to make a good impression. Are there any key things I should mention that interviewers look for?
 
act like you are interested in doing a residency after your finish PharmD. Make sure you talk about work experience or volunteer experience. That can make up for a low PCAT or GPA. I would not get petty in talking about specific grades. DO NOT talk about money and salary.
 
Definitely talk about your work/volunteer experience - even if it wasn't in pharmacy, it can still be an interesting story and show your positive qualities. If there's a specific person who inspired you to be a pharmacist, talk about them and how they influenced you.