1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Keyboards on PDAs

Discussion in 'Tech: Medical Apps, iOS, Android, medical devices' started by abbaroodle, Jul 20, 2006.

1. abbaroodle

abbaroodle Member
    10+ Year Member

I was looking at some pda's today, and thinking I want a keyboard on mine. (I am two weeks into third year....) I was looking at some of the recommendations, and it seems like most of the PDAs these days do not come with a keyboard. Any comments or suggestions either saying you have a keyboard and never use it, or that you wish you had it, or you recently bought model XXX with one and recommend it.....

Thanks!
    Abbaroodle

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. csmith1

csmith1 Member
    7+ Year Member

have not considered it, esp with the glut of computers in hospitals and clinics these days. plus, i don't mind the onscreen keyboard of my dell.

you might check out the free trial of this:

Spb's full screen keyboard

4. jammin06

7+ Year Member

Hey,

I have the Palm TX and companion wireless keyboard and I like it a lot. It's very convenient when I'm using my using my school's wireless and I need to send a quick email. I usually keep the keyboard in by bag and the palm in my pocket and it isn't a hassle.
    http://www.palm.com/us/products/accessories/peripherals/

5. DOctorJay

10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I have the above keyboard as well and took all my notes during MS1 and 2 on it in class. Loved not having to carry my heavy laptop around and still be able to type into powerpoint and word docs. Definitely a great addition to the TX for email with wifi. It folds up to just slightly larger than the palm itself and is a full size keyboard when you open it up for use.

-J

6. OSUdoc08

OSUdoc08 Membership Revoked
    Removed

Medical Student
    The best keyboards are the ones that pull out from the side, as you can actually type without pressing extra buttons.

The best example of this is the Cingular 8125 Pocket PC or its equivalent with other companies.