keyhole bootcamp vs DAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nicnic221

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm taking my DAT in a week and I haven't been improving much on Keyhole BC :( For anyone whose taken the DAT already, how similar is BC keyhole to the real DAT?

Members don't see this ad.

I took mine 3 days ago. Keyholes are on par, maybe a tad easier to spot 1-2 dummy answers.

If you aren't improving that much. Adjust your strategy. if you are good at the other 5 tests, start with those and then come back. cause you know you are going to lose points there, why start with it at the beginning of the test.

I knew i was really good at hole punch, patterns, and cubes. so i did holes, cubes, patterns. went back to keyhole, TPE and then angles.

I took mine 3 days ago. Keyholes are on par, maybe a tad easier to spot 1-2 dummy answers.

If you aren't improving that much. Adjust your strategy. if you are good at the other 5 tests, start with those and then come back. cause you know you are going to lose points there, why start with it at the beginning of the test.

I knew i was really good at hole punch, patterns, and cubes. so i did holes, cubes, patterns. went back to keyhole, TPE and then angles.
Okay, thank you! I'm pretty good with the rest, so ill leave keyhole and angles for last.

Looks like you killed your test! Must feel great.
How did you end up doing in QR? I'm not doing so hot

Okay, thank you! I'm pretty good with the rest, so ill leave keyhole and angles for last.

Looks like you killed your test! Must feel great.
How did you end up doing in QR? I'm not doing so hot

I got an 18, my QR was really hard in my opinion. It was harder than any bootcamp I had. It felt nice to see those scores pop up on the screen. My reach goal was a 20, but would've been happy with a 19. Practice a lot of variable manipulation.

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh great:eek: I would be happy with an 18 too. It's harder than bootcamp?! i thought bootcamp was already hard. Do you suggest I practice the bootcamp test or Math destroyer?

I never did destroyer. I got questions on something I wasn't good at, like one type of math. I got like 4-5 of them!!! Bootcamp is pretty good, I was avg. 18-19 on it. Just make sure you actually know how to do it, and be efficient at those problems. You can google problems that are of the math you are practicing and get practice with out paying for destroyer.

I'll definitly do that! thanks for the advice.

I just read your breakdown, It's such a relief to hear that the reading wasn't too hard!! you mentioned there was a practice passage you read that was almost the same style as your DAT….was it a bootcamp passage?

I'll definitly do that! thanks for the advice.

I just read your breakdown, It's such a relief to hear that the reading wasn't too hard!! you mentioned there was a practice passage you read that was almost the same style as your DAT….was it a bootcamp passage?

Are you referring to me or hdkyu?

Hey!

My keyholes on my DAT were pretty similar to bootcamp difficulty. The shapes were much simpler than bootcamp, but the proportions seemed off and lines were blurry....
F*** keyholes.

Keyholes was my weakest section on my full lengths, and would often wreck my other PAT sections. So on the real deal, I actually skipped keyholes and angles (also one of my weakest) and focused on my strong sections. Thought it paid off.