Keyhole Frustration

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mrdeez

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Am I losing my mind? I have been practicing keyholes for hours and came across this.

They say B is the correct answer, but shouldn't the slits be in the places that I drew them? I'm just not seeing how they end up in that orientation after rotating. Help!

Members don't see this ad.

If you think about looking up at the object from below, without rotating at all, then the holes line up in the same place that they show up in answer B. Also, answer D wouldn't work because you need to have the little "steps" on the bottom left and right corners (again, looking up from below the object).

Last edited:
If you think about looking up at the object from below, without rotating at all, then the holes line up in the same place that they show up in answer B. Also, answer D wouldn't work because you need to have the little "steps" on the bottom left and right corners (again, looking up from below the object).

GAH!! Why didn't I think of this. Maybe because my eyes are about to fall out of my head from staring at a computer screen. Thank you my friend!

Reactions: 1 user
Just a tip. Instead of trying to find the right one, approach each choice and justify why it is wrong. Got a 24 on the PAT.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just a tip. Instead of trying to find the right one, approach each choice and justify why it is wrong. Got a 24 on the PAT.

I actually just started doing this last night. I got so frustrated with keyholes that I did all of the keyhole problems on crack DAT PAT back to back until it clicked. It finally did (I hope) and it is exactly what you said. Its almost like I started looking at the answer choices first in a way. Its still a work in progress, if you have any other tips I'm all ears. Thanks!

Reactions: 1 user
I actually just started doing this last night. I got so frustrated with keyholes that I did all of the keyhole problems on crack DAT PAT back to back until it clicked. It finally did (I hope) and it is exactly what you said. Its almost like I started looking at the answer choices first in a way. Its still a work in progress, if you have any other tips I'm all ears. Thanks!

What version of Crack the DAT did you get? I'm thinking of buying it for the PAT/QR/RC (since apparently the sciences section isn't good) but you have to buy all the sections together.

What version of Crack the DAT did you get? I'm thinking of buying it for the PAT/QR/RC (since apparently the sciences section isn't good) but you have to buy all the sections together.

I got just did the PAT section. It is worth it in some sections, but other portions of the PAT are garbage on that program. I would still get it though to get more practice.