KF Financial disability insurance?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

k's mom

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, do any of you have private disability insurance? Know anything about KF Financial? We are at a loss for what to do because I want some questions answered, but I refuse to contact any of the companies (and thus, get hounded by sales people) until I have a good idea of the reputable companies.

Any ideas?

Members don't see this ad.

I have Mass Mutual - good company with true own occupation and escalating benefit. I've never heard of KF financial but I have heard of KFC. They do chicken right.

We had a financial planner come in and yap with us; he recommended a couple; Met Life (I think) and Guardian (mine). Unfortunately, he said that while Guardian was the best (esp if you have any premorbid conditions), it was also the most expensive.

And seeing as the only morbidity I have is being slightly fat...:mad:

Thanks! This is really helpful. Do you mind if I ask what kind of rates we are talking about? People keep saying it is "really expensive" but when I told my mother that we spend $30.00/mo on life insurance she said that was really expensive. :rolleyes:

Thanks! This is really helpful. Do you mind if I ask what kind of rates we are talking about? People keep saying it is "really expensive" but when I told my mother that we spend $30.00/mo on life insurance she said that was really expensive. :rolleyes:

I pay $240 per month for 66% guaranteed monthy benefit. This is the resident rate, which I locked in. Typically, a "good" policy will cost $3000 to $4000 per year, depending on benefit.

Wow, that is actually about what I thought it would be. I assume that this is an own occ policy, correct? Any idea how the rates differ once in practice?