SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

KGI vs Touro CA Pharmacy!

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by pharmalarm7, Feb 12, 2018.

1. pharmalarm7

pharmalarm7

Feb 12, 2018
    Hey everyone! So I got accepted to KGI and Touro CA for the 2018 incoming class. I'm having a hard time deciding between the two because I am really into the industry aspect of pharmacy! KGI seems to have connections on that side but I don't know much about it. Touro CA I'm not sure about what connections they have in industry and I couldn't find any info about it on their site however I got accepted into their Pharm D/MPH dual program. I'm having a hard time deciding between the two so any input would be really useful (especially regarding the kinds of internships, rotations, experience I would be getting from either program).

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. stoichiometrist

stoichiometrist 5+ Year Member

Aug 2, 2011
    If you want to go into industry then I would strongly pursue a PhD instead to save yourself $200k+ in loans. Very few PharmDs actually end up in industry to the large number of applicants and few positions available; the vast majority of graduates end up in retail.

4. pharmalarm7

pharmalarm7

Feb 12, 2018
    I'm sure there are other ways to be in industry also. But I'd like to have the safety net of at least having a stable income through retail if industry does not work out. Plus once I start pharmacy school my interests might change since it is so vast though I am leaning more to industry or possibly management/policy making currently. However, I do know of many pharmacists who do have jobs in industry so I think it's more about getting a fellowship and setting myself up in that direction through internships and rotations during the program so that I will be prepared. That's why I'm trying to see if I do choose that option if Touro would be able to help me get rotations in industry or not and if that MPH would possibly help out or not.