Kids in DPT program.

Started by Shelby029
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Shelby029

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Directed mainly toward females but advice from anyone is welcome. Anyone have children before or during DPT school?

I'm thinking about taking a year inbetween my bachelors and DPT school to have a baby. Hopefully having about a one year old around by the time starting DPT school. How hard would it be? I would think being pregnant and having a newborn in PT school would be extremely difficult.

Other info. I'm married, husband is working on bachelors (enrolled part time) while working full time, I'd be on student loan but probably work part time.
 
I believe that there have been many past discussions on the topic of pregnancy and the timing of having children during PT school if you use the search function or click back a couple of pages!