Killing it at a top 10 Pharmacy Scool

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Do they think their all getting a residency?
No surprise there. Besides, you just need a 2.7 GPA to get accepted to a pharmacy school nowadays.

I think you mean, "No surprise they're." ;):rofl:

Members don't see this ad.

Sure. Google US News and World Report. One PGY-1 program in SoCal factors in school ranking when deciding who to interview. They use that list.

Members don't see this ad :)
Someone necro'd this thread just to state the obvious, that Sparda got into pharmacy school?

BTY MIJZ, I think the 2.2 was Sparda's pharmacy GPA, not his pre-pharm GPA, standards were higher when Sparda when to school. Now for you, yeah, a 2.2 will probably get you into pharmacy school.

Someone necro'd this thread just to state the obvious, that Sparda got into pharmacy school?

BTY MIJZ, I think the 2.2 was Sparda's pharmacy GPA, not his pre-pharm GPA, standards were higher when Sparda when to school. Now for you, yeah, a 2.2 will probably get you into pharmacy school.

Yeah, my pre-pharm was a 3.1. That got me an interview at Touro and Jefferson, of which I got into Touro after a waiting list.

Reactions: 1 user
I went to a top 200 program AMA

Reactions: 1 users
I know my COP must be #1 on any listing, because that's what all the admissions officer's told me.

I know my COP must be #1 on any listing, because that's what all the admissions officer's told me.

LOL, I know! This is the second time I've gotten a chance to pull the school ranking card to bring perspective to a senseless argument. I couldn't pass on it.
Rankings, GPA, Rho-Chi, Low-Chi - no one cares. Some might say you can just click through DURs in retail pharmacy and I believe plenty do. I don't. I do happen to know my stuff and no, I was not even a stellar student. I did retain key concepts. I just wanted my degree and get the hell out.

He's not even done with school and talking all that nonsense. To each his own...

I laugh a little internally when I hear someone flaunt their program's ranking, I can't be the only one. It's pharmacy people. I was accepted to every school in my state and chose the one with the cheapest tuition, not the highest rank... :laugh:

I laugh a little internally when I hear someone flaunt their program's ranking, I can't be the only one. It's pharmacy people. I was accepted to every school in my state and chose the one with the cheapest tuition, not the highest rank... :laugh:
Some of us have a passion for pediatric pulmonology and had to go to the highest ranked schools to remain competitive for PGY3.

When I read the title I thought " killing in a TOP 10 pharmacy school".....A lot violence lately...

Reactions: 1 user