Killing it at a top 10 Pharmacy Scool

Started by D1CE K
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Sure. Google US News and World Report. One PGY-1 program in SoCal factors in school ranking when deciding who to interview. They use that list.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Someone necro'd this thread just to state the obvious, that Sparda got into pharmacy school?

BTY MIJZ, I think the 2.2 was Sparda's pharmacy GPA, not his pre-pharm GPA, standards were higher when Sparda when to school. Now for you, yeah, a 2.2 will probably get you into pharmacy school.
 
Someone necro'd this thread just to state the obvious, that Sparda got into pharmacy school?

BTY MIJZ, I think the 2.2 was Sparda's pharmacy GPA, not his pre-pharm GPA, standards were higher when Sparda when to school. Now for you, yeah, a 2.2 will probably get you into pharmacy school.

Yeah, my pre-pharm was a 3.1. That got me an interview at Touro and Jefferson, of which I got into Touro after a waiting list.
 
I know my COP must be #1 on any listing, because that's what all the admissions officer's told me.

LOL, I know! This is the second time I've gotten a chance to pull the school ranking card to bring perspective to a senseless argument. I couldn't pass on it.
Rankings, GPA, Rho-Chi, Low-Chi - no one cares. Some might say you can just click through DURs in retail pharmacy and I believe plenty do. I don't. I do happen to know my stuff and no, I was not even a stellar student. I did retain key concepts. I just wanted my degree and get the hell out.

He's not even done with school and talking all that nonsense. To each his own...
 
I laugh a little internally when I hear someone flaunt their program's ranking, I can't be the only one. It's pharmacy people. I was accepted to every school in my state and chose the one with the cheapest tuition, not the highest rank... :laugh:
Some of us have a passion for pediatric pulmonology and had to go to the highest ranked schools to remain competitive for PGY3.