Kind of very lost...

Started by amar314
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

amar314

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Not sure what post bacc program to look into at all. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I live in FL right now but I'm willing to relocate.

3.45-3.5 Overall GPA
3.25-3.35 Sci GPA
Biology major graduating in May 2017

Haven't taken MCAT, great ECs.
 
I'm in FL too!

You need to take the MCAT, which will be the deciding factor for MD/DO. Some good FL programs are LECOMB's Masters, any of USF's masters, and Nova's masters. Beyond that just read through these forums.

For a basic plan going forward? If you think you'll do very well on the MCAT then plan on applying this coming cycle, and in the year off do scribing or work in a research clinic.

There are some post-baccs that take applications late, so you'd have time to take the MCAT, and do that in the year off.

***If you're a FL resident I would really look to stay in the state and do a masters/post-bacc program there and then transition to the associated medical school.