Kinda bummed out

Started by NRAI2001
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

NRAI2001

3K Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Got my Step 1 score earlier today and didnt score as high as I hoped. I got a 219/92, I am an IMG (US citizen). I studied hard for this test and was doing slightly better on my NBMEs but it didnt workout.

I ve had a strong interest in anesthesia for so long now but I feel like my chances are starting to slip away now.. I know my step 1 score isn't stellar and I m gonna study like crazy and correct the mistakes I made studying this time. Any advice for me and other students in my position? What should I do during rotations?

Do I still have a chance? I would consider any program anywhere as long as they provide solid training (I dont care about tier or location).

Sorry about the long post, just feeling really down right now 🙁
 
Last edited:
Got my Step 1 score earlier today and didnt score as high as I hoped. I got a 219/92, I am an IMG (US citizen). I studied hard for this test and was doing slightly better on my NBMEs but it didnt workout.

I ve had a strong interest in anesthesia for so long now but I feel like my chances are starting to slip away now.. I know my step 1 score isn't stellar and I m gonna study like crazy and correct the mistakes I made studying this time. Any advice for me and other students in my position? What should I do during rotations?

Do I still have a chance? I would consider any program anywhere as long as they provide solid training (I dont care about tier or location).

Sorry about the long post, just feeling really down right now 🙁

Keep working hard, you'll be fine.