Kinda Confused

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yma413

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
:p So I am reapplying to the MD schools and this year I was thinking I would also apply to DO schools as well. Does anyone know if we are supposed to send transcripts to AACOM as well? I can't seem to find any mailing addresses. Oh and what about the personal comment!!!!??? Its only supposed to be 3000 characters!!! That is crazy short. What exactly are they looking for? Should I just cut down my MD essay to fit? I really don't want to write a new essay but what exactly do they want said in 3000 characters??? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!!! Thanks! :)

Members don't see this ad.

You have to send applications seperately, yes. And for the essay, include why you want to go to DO school, even if it is not your first choice. The major portion of the essay is exactly the same, however. Yes, you will have to edit it down if it says so.

yma413 said:
:p So I am reapplying to the MD schools and this year I was thinking I would also apply to DO schools as well. Does anyone know if we are supposed to send transcripts to AACOM as well? I can't seem to find any mailing addresses. Oh and what about the personal comment!!!!??? Its only supposed to be 3000 characters!!! That is crazy short. What exactly are they looking for? Should I just cut down my MD essay to fit? I really don't want to write a new essay but what exactly do they want said in 3000 characters??? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!!! Thanks! :)

You have to really tell them why you want to be a DO. you can't just use your MD essay, but you can use parts of it as long as you state why DO school? Just go to the AACOM website. It's a pain in the a$$ but you pretty much have to repeat what you did on AMCAS.