1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

kinesiology and exercise

Discussion in 'Medical Students - MD' started by stwei, Apr 20, 2004.

1. stwei

stwei Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Is there a kinesiology book that discusses exercise routines and attempts to break down muscle action into simple vector physics (fiber direction/fiber friction?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. leorl

Physician Moderator Emeritus Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Don't have a specific one for you, but you might in general try looking in biomechanics books as well.

4. sleepyhouse

sleepyhouse Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Supertraining by Dr. Mel Siff is probably the best book ever written on strength training/kinesiology/biomechanics...anything you need will be covered in there.

5. orthoman5000

orthoman5000 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I'll second the late Dr. Siff's book Supertraining. Excellent book covering the physiology and biomechanics of strength training. Not your typical workout book though. It's a very dense text.

I would also check out stuff by Vladimir M. Zatsiorsky, first his Science and Practice of Strength Training and then you might also check out his biomechanics textbooks.

6. stwei

stwei Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Where do you get this book? I checked online and there is no book called supertraining on amazon or barnes and nobles or any of the used bookstores.
    Does anyone have a used copy they can sell to me?

7. sleepyhouse

sleepyhouse Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

8. bonjuju

bonjuju Member
    7+ Year Member

To add to the list, one of my favorites is "Anatomy of Movement" and "Anatomy of Movement: Exercises" by Blandine Calais-Germain (a physical therapist)