kinesiology- origins and insertions

Started by BillyBall
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

BillyBall

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Starting PTA school in the fall. Ive heard origins and insertions are the hardest part of the first year. I wanted to get started now studying to make the first semester a little less stressful. Does anyone have any good free online classes, websites, or apps that I could use to prepare for the fall. Thanks!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
"Muscles: Testing and Function" by Florance Kendall.

I'm currently in Gross Anatomy for my first year in DPT and I make flash cards for every muscles, opposite side: Origin-
Insertion-
Action-
Nerve-

Good luck! Repetition is the mother of learning.
 
Any anatomy text will have it. But I'd wait because your anatomy professor may have minor differences from the textbook on various occasions in the way they want you to learn it, so you don't want to waste any effort memorizing the wrong thing. It's also easier to learn them once you can visualize on the cadaver (or whatever plastinates/models you may have) and actually physically look for and touch each attachment point of each muscle. Finding them all myself has helped me a lot so far, one of several reasons I'm glad we have gross anatomy lab and dissection.