It's a boy !!!
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 25, 2001
Tampa
Status
Optometrist
no where in that article does it say it's going to "replace" dental visits. It freely admits it's a cosmetic procedure and may/may not violate practicing without a license in Indiana. If people are uninformed enough to trust someone at a mall kiosk with no licensing to touch their teeth..... it might take a few "misshaps" and reports to the state department of health before someone does something about it.

OP
drbizzaro

drbizzaro

Varilux/Essilor Advocate
10+ Year Member
Jul 13, 2004
Status
Optometrist
no where in that article does it say it's going to "replace" dental visits. It freely admits it's a cosmetic procedure and may/may not violate practicing without a license in Indiana. If people are uninformed enough to trust someone at a mall kiosk with no licensing to touch their teeth..... it might take a few "misshaps" and reports to the state department of health before someone does something about it.
yeah i know the article doesn't say they want to replace dental visits... but the whole idea is to try to let people avoid going to a real dentist, and get tooth whitening via a mall kiosk

vendetta319

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 6, 2007
Berkeley
Status
Optometry Student
I've seen this at the mall near my house over the past few months and its just very strange. Bystanders staring at your drooling face? Random people crowding around and pointing at your ugly teeth? There's more onlookers than customers and I certainly don't want anyone gawking at me while I'm getting my teeth whitened. I don't think dentists should be too worried about this fad. Even though the mall is always busy, this procedure didn't seem appealing and the chairs were usually empty. No surprise there.

OSUDDS

10+ Year Member
Jul 12, 2006
Status
Podiatry Student
I've seen this at the mall near my house over the past few months and its just very strange. Bystanders staring at your drooling face? Random people crowding around and pointing at your ugly teeth? There's more onlookers than customers and I certainly don't want anyone gawking at me while I'm getting my teeth whitened. I don't think dentists should be too worried about this fad. Even though the mall is always busy, this procedure didn't seem appealing and the chairs were usually empty. No surprise there.
it doesnt sound like a big deal anyway. i doubt these treatments are much more effective than do it yourself, at home bleachings