Kira Assessment: NYU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Muskan_Vaid

Reaction score
Hi, I am a first time applicant. Just wanted to know, if NYU invites all applicants for KIRA Assessment or is it after the first level of selection?
Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, I am a first time applicant. Just wanted to know, if NYU invites all applicants for KIRA Assessment or is it after the first level of selection?
Thanks.
It's a pre-screener. However, not everyone got a KIRA assessment. So it's the first gate. I know many people that did not receive KIRA.

Reactions: 1 users
Yep, I got the invitation on the 11th as well, and they specified in the email that this is the final step of the application process.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Please let us know in the Casper/SJT forum (premed). We like to monitor how these tests are proliferating and plan to have a new SJT experience survey out later this year.
I can post there. I personally like KIRA way more than CASPER. Casper is a horrible assessment for students and is way too long with no personalization.
Kira the university admissions record questions and the university reviews the answer (not an independent set of folks who ruin scores). Casper I have 1/2 quartile when I take it, but Kira I have gotten formal interviews.

Casper should be banned and never brought back! I personally have seen people get into Med/Dental schools who are not at all ethical/good people or what the test claims to grade students on. It's all based on how well a candidate can act in an interview to fool the system. Some of the candidates that got into international dental have even cold shoulder people and said I got in which is all I care about. They have no regard for helping others or the community, it's all about getting a degree and making their own life transformation.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user