Kjelsberg's heme book....

Started by EUA
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

EUA

Full Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
.... does anyone have a copy of the one-volume second-to-most recent edition they would like to sell? I'm not as much a fan of the new 2-volume hardcover edition, despite its sexy looks.
 
.... does anyone have a copy of the one-volume second-to-most recent edition they would like to sell? I'm not as much a fan of the new 2-volume hardcover edition, despite its sexy looks.

Why, what is wrong with the new one? I have the one vol version, but I haven't picked up the new one yet...

If it is just the hard back nature or the two volume bit, I could sell my old one...

Just need to order that new one..
 
.... does anyone have a copy of the one-volume second-to-most recent edition they would like to sell? I'm not as much a fan of the new 2-volume hardcover edition, despite its sexy looks.

You're not the first person I've heard say that. The new edition is certainly prettier, but I've heard multiple people say that the older edition was more useful.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Why, what is wrong with the new one? I have the one vol version, but I haven't picked up the new one yet...

If it is just the hard back nature or the two volume bit, I could sell my old one...

Just need to order that new one..

It's a conglomeration of things. I don't like the two volume format. I don't like the hardcover. It used to be very nuts-and-bolts, which is what I want. I can do without all the color pictures and whatnot. I think it's just personal preference, but that being said, I will buy yours if you're gonna pick up the new edition.
 
What I can't stand about the two-volume set is that they split the indices. Both indices are present in each volume, but it's aggravating to pick up one volume and then wonder why the hell there is nothing about iron.

For some reason, the ASCP feels the need to do funny things with their publications, whether it is making the book ridiculously large (Foucar), putting the figures in funny places (Big Demay and Foucar), funny fonts to mark tables (like in AJCP), or unnecessarily splitting the index. They need to stop being unique and start being functional.