Kmart Pharmacist?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pharm113

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone here work for Kmart as a pharmacist or know about Kmart can put in some insight? In terms of how the hours/salary. Also anything in terms of job aspect and tech support, work load, and job security?

Members don't see this ad.

There are some threads on this topic already if you want more info but they are somewhat dated. Salary is the $54-59 an hour range and hours will depend on your location. Since the pharmacy is typically not open extended hours, you will mostly likely work 35-37 hours a week unless you pickup some more shifts. That will depend on your boss and district. I can't speak for the raises as I never worked for them. Kmart/Sears do not offer 401k matching which surprised me. I also know they cut tech hours to zero this year in low volume stores (<300 scripts a week is the cut off). They still use PDX, so it takes time to process scripts. They are closed on holidays. Some pharmacies are closed on Sundays too. As far as job security, supposedly they stopped downsizing and closing down shops.

If you are seriously considering them and never worked there before, just go into a store and observe for 10-15 mins.

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't know! But it is human nature to complain and I'm sure their pharmacists weren't happy.

A night pharmacist at CVS or walgreens fills more than 300 a week and work mostly alone

Kmart Pharmacist here (at least for another week). What the second poster said is pretty accurate. My salary is $54/hr which is what I was hired in at 3 years ago. As far as I know they do not give raises to pharmacists, but you can get a meager bonus at the end of the year if you meet certain dumb metrics (the last time I did this I got a whopping $500). Tech budget is based on how many scripts your store sells in a week and I think it's actually pretty fair. It is definitely more relaxed since it's much less volume than other places but they've also been pushing more metrics on us over the past year or so which is annoying. The good thing is I don't actually think anything will happen if you fail to meet them though. Job security is the big elephant in the room. Several more stores in my district will be closing soon and who knows when the whole company will go belly up. That's the reason I am getting out of here before I am unemployed

tldr: Kmart pharmacy is a decent place to work, but don't expect to make this a long-term career. Ask or PM me if you have more questions