Kmart Pharmacy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ackj

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
After nearly giving up hope that I'd find an internship, I finally landed an internship at Kmart! Has anyone worked there in the past/have any pointers? The pharmacists seemed to be happy and the DM was really nice.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone worked there in the past/have any pointers?

From what I heard from another student, she said that its really relaxed comparing to Walgreen's, CVS, etc. As a pharmacist POV, I'm guessing its pretty nice as well, since they're pretty good on staffing. I believe you get 1 hour lunch break, again, UNLIKE CVS 30 minutes. (tears)

I don't know if it applies to that one store you're working at. Just be happy there's no busy, paper work--like what CVS does. Damn adherence calls and CSI ughhhhh.

From what I heard from another student, she said that its really relaxed comparing to Walgreen's, CVS, etc. As a pharmacist POV, I'm guessing its pretty nice as well, since they're pretty good on staffing. I believe you get 1 hour lunch break, again, UNLIKE CVS 30 minutes. (tears)

I don't know if it applies to that one store you're working at. Just be happy there's no busy, paper work--like what CVS does. Damn adherence calls and CSI ughhhhh.

A friend of mine just received an offer from them in the $120K plus $30K sign-on area.

A friend of mine just received an offer from them in the $120K plus $30K sign-on area.

this is around what ive been hearing for major chains this year , 30 is a nice additional benefit for such a good job! (friends at walgreens have not gotten more than 10-15k, cheap bastards lol)

The kmart pharmacies around me are really slow but they do close down for a lunch break. Also a couple have closed down but there still are some open.

I hate 1 hour unpaid lunch... It makes me stay 9 hours instead of 8 hours on site. Who wants to stay another hour at work and still get paid 8 hours? Not me..

Just give me 15-20 mins break to finish my lunch so I can get back to work again and not just sit around doing nothing in the break room for 1 hour..

I hate 1 hour unpaid lunch... It makes me stay 9 hours instead of 8 hours on site. Who wants to stay another hour at work and still get paid 8 hours? Not me..

Just give me 15-20 mins break to finish my lunch so I can get back to work again and not just sit around doing nothing in the break room for 1 hour..

I like a lot of people around the clinic, so grabbing lunch together is actually a fun part of the day, to unwind a little, BS, and chat/complain about interesting patients or ways to improve patient care. I think a lot of the collaborative management programs have come to being from these lunch conversations and BSing. Maybe when I have a family I will just want to get home....or maybe not.

In retail, my lunches are usually boring, so I just want to go back to work. If we could all take lunch together i would enjoy it because I like the employees there.

Reactions: 1 user

When I think of lunch, I don't think of grabbing a sandwich and eating it in the corner. For lunch, I think more of going out to a restaurant, sitting down for a full meal, and then coming back. You need a lot more than 20 minutes for that.

An hour lunch is great. We got to take our two 15 minute breaks together with our lunch so we were only charged for a half hour. I used it to eat, run errands, go ride my motorcycle around Manitou Springs or Garden of the Gods. Ahhh the good 'ole days in the union!

Members don't see this ad :)
Wut? I could have sworn that all the K-Mart locations near me were replaced by Kohl's.

One hour lunch is really nice, you don't get that at CVS.

Do you live near Caesar's Bay? The Kohl's near Best Buy?

===

I would have to agree with "you don't get that at CVS". Wow, now that I think about it, I really hate CVS. The environment is just so poor... moral of the story, K-Mart is sounding good right about now.

Do you live near Caesar's Bay? The Kohl's near Best Buy?

===

I would have to agree with "you don't get that at CVS". Wow, now that I think about it, I really hate CVS. The environment is just so poor... moral of the story, K-Mart is sounding good right about now.

Nope. This K-Mart used to be in the Fresh Meadows neighborhood of Queens, NY.

Hi, I know this thread is old but does Kmart have any tuition assistance or tuition reimbursement for pharmacy students?

Last I heard, Kmart was shutting stores down.

Last I heard, Kmart was shutting stores down.

The first big wave was in the early 00s when I was still working retail. They shut down the Kmart in the town where I worked, and we got their files and also a pharmacist and two of their techs. A Kmart here closed about a year ago, too. The other one in this city is near my house, and I don't even like to go in there because the store is filthy. The pharmacy's really slow, too; I don't even think they have a tech.

One of my classmates went to law school, and worked in the legal department at Sears Holdings, the parent company, for quite a while. She saw the writing on the wall regarding the company, and now works elsewhere.

Kmarts are definitely disgusting. Reminds me of those old school Walmarts you find in really small towns.

Kmarts are definitely disgusting. Reminds me of those old school Walmarts you find in really small towns.

We have a Kmart here and I agree. It just looks so old and run down inside. I don't know how they stay in business.

They were REALLY disgusting when I was growing up in the 1970s, and no self-respecting person shopped or worked there unless there were absolutely no other alternatives. The company revamped in the early 1980s because they really had no choice if they wanted to stay open, and they became kind of like Target Jr. That was before Target went nationwide.

When are Sears stores going to add a pharmacy? I think it would be cool to have it right next to the tool department. Having to answer where are the torque wrenches is a lot cooler than having to tell people where the tampons are toilet paper are 50 times a day.

After nearly giving up hope that I'd find an internship, I finally landed an internship at Kmart! Has anyone worked there in the past/have any pointers? The pharmacists seemed to be happy and the DM was really nice.

I was a pharmacy manager there for 3 months before moving to hospital. They have no interest in promoting pharmacy.

Kmart isn't too bad. I worked at one in Montana, and although they didn't fill a lot of prescriptions, the pharmacists seemed to know their patients really well. I would just be wary of Sears Holdings Corp. as the company is rapidly declining.

Reactions: 1 user