No Meat, No Treat
Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
15+ Year Member
Mar 6, 2005
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
There are a bunch of them available here: http://medfools.com/downloads.php.

I have tried to use a few of them and end up frustrated in one way or another with them (too much room given to something I never use, not enough room for notes, etc) so I just use notecards. One per pt. and put whatever I need on there. If the pt. stays longer than one notecard, I start another.

BE (now PE)

About the Ads

rice

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 19, 2002
Status (Visible)
  1. Fellow [Any Field]
I make a copy of my H and P, fold it in half and write further labs/studies and to do lists on the back separated by day. That way I can always remember what the patient came in with.

chicamedica

1K Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 31, 2003
USA
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
rice said:
I make a copy of my H and P, fold it in half and write further labs/studies and to do lists on the back separated by day. That way I can always remember what the patient came in with.

That's what i started doing too. Get's a little disorganized though if the patient has a long stay (and i tend to write big if i'm in a hurry), but it saves me time rather than having to recopy the H&P by hand 3-4 times, and if I need to present a patient at a moments notice, like at attending rounds or intern report, everything is right there. And because I write big, using those premade sheets from med fools was always a pain. It's the best method i've found so far, but i guess that's not saying much :p .

About the Ads
This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.