know that kidney!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

twosoakers

Addict & Western U '11
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
T or F

Nephrons are derived by induction from mesoderm; the proximal nephron envelopes the glomerular capillaries forming a simple squamous parietal layer and a visceral layer of podocytes.

:spam::spam::spam::spam::spam::spam::spam::spam:

T or F

Spam is from coritcal parenchyma of the kidney, which receives its oxygen rich blood in this sequence of flow: interlobar a, arcuate a, intralobular a, afferent a, glomerulus, efferent v., peritubular capillary plexus.

T or F

Pseudostratified transitional epithelium of the urinary bladder and urethra is really, really PRETTY.

Shoot me.

Members don't see this ad.

iacshoostyn9.gif

heheheheheheh he's got invisible arms.

i heart histo.

Members don't see this ad :)
LOL! I'm studying the exact same stuff for a histo exam tomorrow. Plus endocrine system, and male and female repro systems. It's a super big test, but our teacher is predictable so I know what she'll ask. She's in love with the pituitary gland.

ours is cumulative - nervous system, digestive system, urogenital system. argh. dentinoblasts, macula densa, and endoneurium, oh my!

That cumulative test is next week for me. Do you know your elastic, muscular, small arteries, arterioles, and capillaries? :cool:

On another note, here is a funny histo story. The other day on a lab test, as a gimme question, there was a slide of a spermatozoon and the question asked, "How many chromosomes are in this structure?" I put "n" instead of 23 to fight the human bias, but half the class put "zero." I never laughed so hard! But then the next day I tried to get them out of it by saying they thought there was a nondisjunction event where the sperm got absolutely no genetic information. Does anybody know if it's possible for a sperm to survive to maturity with absolutely NO chromosomes? I couldn't find any info on the internet after a few googles.

capella, you are a bigger geek than me. if that's possible.

Am not! You started the thread. :p

:lol:
Gonna have to go with Capella as the bigger geek... the histo story won you that title!

Since you like them so much, another histo story…

While looking at cross section slides of the penis last week, I noticed that the arrangement of the corpus cavernosa and corpus spongiosum sometimes looks just like Eric Cartman. So I put a Histo atlas in front of my face, turn to my professor and sing, "Taco flavored kissessss. Taco taco. Burrito." She didn't get it…but then she's not 13 years old like me. Killed everyone else though.

DUDE! that's awesome! the only way i could remember the deep nuclei of the cerebellum slice was because it looked just like ronald mcdonald (not nearly as fun as cartman). too, i told the prof this, and she didn't get it. :idea:

the vet students in my class ended up going back and forth, threatening to call the prof and ask for "al. b. cans" and "ms. o. nephros." not to mention "perry chyma." i have no histo stories, except for calling bowman's space the space of disse'. the instructor asked in front of the whole class why i screwed up the organs, and i told him that's how he had it in the notes.

DUDE! that's awesome! the only way i could remember the deep nuclei of the cerebellum slice was because it looked just like ronald mcdonald (not nearly as fun as cartman). too, i told the prof this, and she didn't get it. :idea:

the vet students in my class ended up going back and forth, threatening to call the prof and ask for "al. b. cans" and "ms. o. nephros." not to mention "perry chyma." i have no histo stories, except for calling bowman's space the space of disse'. the instructor asked in front of the whole class why i screwed up the organs, and i told him that's how he had it in the notes.

Mwhahaha...I'm so going to do some prank calling after the semester is over on my prof...

Since you like them so much, another histo story…

While looking at cross section slides of the penis last week, I noticed that the arrangement of the corpus cavernosa and corpus spongiosum sometimes looks just like Eric Cartman. So I put a Histo atlas in front of my face, turn to my professor and sing, "Taco flavored kissessss. Taco taco. Burrito." She didn't get it…but then she's not 13 years old like me. Killed everyone else though.
:laugh: That's awesome.

i had a friend who took histo and the prof put up a slide to ID and everyone was completely perplexed. it looked like mixed spongy tissue so most people put corpus cavernosum, etc...turns out it was a slice of hot dog.:laugh:

I don't get why you guys aren't already in vet school... and why my class has to be such nerds and never do cool stuff like this... so sad.:(

I tried to make little jokes in anatomy... in histo... in micro... in path. nobody laughed. You guys would have laughed.

Can I trade in some of my classmates over the summer for you guys?

Then maybe someone would get my jokes.