Kresge vs NYU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

oculod

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm having a hard time deciding between the two regarding a future in academia. Anyone have an idea about NYU's fellowship match? Location aside, which is a better program?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone? Before rank list is due!

BTW what time is rank list due (1/7 at noon/midnight etc?)

Members don't see this ad :)
Oculod: A few thoughts for you in your bottom-of-the-ninth decision on how to rank these two programs. I personally didn't interview at either program, and can't provide any program-specifics as to the strengths of each. However, my general advice is that if you are flip-flopping these two programs in your mind, try not to remove "location" from your decision. Living in New York, New York will be much different from living in Detroit, Michigan and this difference is significant enough in my opinion that you should take this into account in making your decision. As you well know, location will influence the people you meet, your ability (or lack thereof) to pay off student loans, and where you may end up after residency, not to mention which NBA jersey you buy to root on the local team. Also, chances are you aren't going to get a large-enough sample size of responses in the next twelve hours before rank lists are due to really give you significant insight into the academic-career potential of these two programs beyond the information and "feel" you had on interview day. Even then, would you really let a handful of student doctor responses change your rank list at this point? Go with your gut, trust your instincts, even if it doesn't make the most "sense" or yield the highest sum on an excel spreadsheet. From the looks of some of your other posts, you interviewed at several strong programs and, in all likelihood, will be thrilled with your match. Trust your instincts, you've got this. Good luck!