KSU Early Admission CVM Program Questions?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Gc0822

K-State c/o 2024
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,
I am a senior in High school and am applying to the Kansas State University Early Admission Program to the College of Veterinary medicine. They say I can apply in January and do my on-campus interview right after I apply. I am extremely interested in pursuing exotic medicine and KSU has a great program. I have grades above their min. Requirements, I work in a Veterinary office as a Veterinary assistant and I have over 1000 hours of volunteer work at local animal rescues and vets offices. So if anyone who has been in or interviewed for this program I would love your input and any advice and tips that you can offer about this program, Specifically,
-What questions did they ask during the interview?
-Do I still have a fair chance of admission since I am OOS?
I am extremely nervous about the interview and application! Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

I can answer this one! I was OOS, applied in January, got an interview in March and was accepted in the program on the same day (2 hours after my interview!) You have a great chance. I'll message you the specifics! It was a great interview. I'm finishing up my first semester in the program. I have a 4.0 (as of this minute), am interviewing for a research job at the vet school, plan on entering after 3 years undergrad and could not be happier with my decision! Good luck.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I can answer this one! I was OOS, applied in January, got an interview in March and was accepted in the program on the same day (2 hours after my interview!) You have a great chance. I'll message you the specifics! It was a great interview. I'm finishing up my first semester in the program. I have a 4.0 (as of this minute), am interviewing for a research job at the vet school, plan on entering after 3 years undergrad and could not be happier with my decision! Good luck.

1. Good work.

2. Research? With who? Yes I'm extremely nosy.

It is with Dr. Zhoumeng Lin for his Food Animal Residue Avoidance Databank Research Program. My biology TA recommended me. I may not get it because I'm just a first year and he prefers second year undergrads but we will see. It is a lot of biostatistics that I need to learn. I think it would help me fill some gaps in my experience. If I don't get it there are some other areas I will look into.

Hi guys,
I am a senior in High school and am applying to the Kansas State University Early Admission Program to the College of Veterinary medicine. They say I can apply in January and do my on-campus interview right after I apply. I am extremely interested in pursuing exotic medicine and KSU has a great program. I have grades above their min. Requirements, I work in a Veterinary office as a Veterinary assistant and I have over 1000 hours of volunteer work at local animal rescues and vets offices. So if anyone who has been in or interviewed for this program I would love your input and any advice and tips that you can offer about this program, Specifically,
-What questions did they ask during the interview?
-Do I still have a fair chance of admission since I am OOS?
I am extremely nervous about the interview and application! Thanks in advance!
I don't know much about the early admissions program since I didn't do it, but if you have any questions about vet school at K-State I'm a current second year!

Reactions: 1 users
It is with Dr. Zhoumeng Lin for his Food Animal Residue Avoidance Databank Research Program. My biology TA recommended me. I may not get it because I'm just a first year and he prefers second year undergrads but we will see. It is a lot of biostatistics that I need to learn. I think it would help me fill some gaps in my experience. If I don't get it there are some other areas I will look into.
Well?

Didn’t get the job. Didn’t really hear much back about it. I’ll look more for a research position next semester. I also didn’t get a summer job I thought was perfect. Oh well, I have a great job with a traveling equine vet back home for the summer and try again next year. I did get a leadership position in the frat and my grades are good! Two more days and 4 finals!

Didn’t get the job. Didn’t really hear much back about it. I’ll look more for a research position next semester. I also didn’t get a summer job I thought was perfect. Oh well, I have a great job with a traveling equine vet back home for the summer and try again next year. I did get a leadership position in the frat and my grades are good! Two more days and 4 finals!
Booo
Glad your grades are still doing well!! And I’m also v jealous of that summer job with the equine vet, I remember you talking about that somewhere else on here.

Reactions: 1 user
Would you be willing to send me some potential questions? I’m applying out of state and have an interview this month.

@Polocrosse2017 I have an interview coming up for the early admissions to KSU! Could you send me some tips and questions to help guide and prepare me for my interview!! Thank you!!

Just did! Anyone else that sees this just message me! Glad to help. I just submitted my vet school application and hope to be class of 2024! I have had a blast here and love the school. This semester is hard but I got a great research job at the Biosecurity Research Institute (BRI) there. Good luck!

Last edited: