Kushkeeee Journals--day 1

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kushkeeee

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Already I've hit a bump in the road with my GRE's. Apparently they have strict rules set up regarding names matching your Identification. On my liscence it says "carolyn", but I've always been called "carrie". So of course I used "carrie" when I registered (not thinking too well on that one). I decided to call ETS and make sure this wouldn't be a problem, but alas, it is. So now I have to go through this whole ordeal of making phone calls and having things switched around. It's really not a big deal in the grand scheme of things, and such a stupid mistake really. But it was one of those days where I was thinking, "i just hope everything with the GRE's goes right", and then BAM! That happened. Anyways, hopefully it will all be straightened out.

I'm planning on taking the GRE general on Oct. 23, and the Psychology on Nov.11. I know I have lots of time to study, but I need to do as best I can on these tests. I've began studying a little bit each day. The biggest challenge so far is just getting organized. I"m studing for 4 years worth of work that I did in my undergraduate, and it's hard to sift through and pull out all the *important* things. Everything seems important to me at this point.

I'm also in the process of researching various schools. There is one school in particular I'd really like to get into. But the whole notion of me getting into a doctoral program is still far too fantastical for me to dapple with. I guess I need to start believing in myself first; that is, if I ever want to see my dream happen. SO allow me to rephrase what I had said earlier: My goal now is to get into the Doctoral Program at the University of Cincinnati. They have several professors there doing research in my areas of interest including: PTSD, Substance Abuse, Victimization, Stockholme syndrome. For a long time I contemplated getting my master's first and then going back to get the Ph.D. But I figure, why not just go for it now? That PH.D., afterall, is what I really want. So I"m going for it. IF I can't get in now, I"ll follow their recommendations and do what they say I need to do to get in later.

That is all for now.

kushkeeee
Be the change you wish to see in the world

Members don't see this ad.