KY Pharmacy Intern

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

foroneaudience

Foroneaudience
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I mailed my application in last Monday or Tuesday to be a pharmacy intern (from this site http://pharmacy.ky.gov/professional/interninfo.htm). Does anyone know how long it takes to receive my pharmacy internship license back in the mail? I just want to know when to expect it so that if it doesn't come I can call them.

Members don't see this ad.

It took me about a week or so to get my KY intern license from the time that I mailed my application.

Just got it...lol. That was fast! One week.

Members don't see this ad :)
Can someone help describe the complete process of becoming an intern; for example getting the intern paperwork together with the proper signatures to become an official intern, etc.

Can you apply to become an intern before you start in the fall?

What might you need from the pharmacy school (you have been accepted)?

Obviously, the company needs to approve the idea of you becoming an intern considering the pay increase?

Can someone help describe the complete process of becoming an intern; for example getting the intern paperwork together with the proper signatures to become an official intern, etc.

Can you apply to become an intern before you start in the fall?

What might you need from the pharmacy school (you have been accepted)?

Obviously, the company needs to approve the idea of you becoming an intern considering the pay increase?

Varies by state.

Can you apply before you start in the fall?

Some states yes, others no. (California, no)

What might you need from the Pharm School. Verification of acceptance at least. Signature of the Dean in California (if memory serves)

Company needs to approve the idea?

Yeah, nailed that one. If they don't, you can always go somewhere else.

If you live in KY you can be an intern as long as you've been accepted into pharmacy school. There's a link in my first post to the website you go to. You print out the application, attach a passport photo and a copy of your acceptance letter and mail it, then about a week later then mail you back with a card that says you are an intern. You have to keep that card with you whenever you work in case someone where to ask you for it.

Here is the GA Intern License Application:

http://www.sos.state.ga.us/acrobat/PLB/03 Internship Information Sheet.pdf

If I am going to be going to school in another state, should i still apply for a GA intern license for this summer? It says i have to work atleast 20 hours per week minimum but i have a full time job right now from 7:15 am - 4:15 pm. I also volunteer in the hospital pharmacy (grady) sometimes too after work. I guess i just need to talk to my pharmacy supervisor. :confused:

what do ya'll think?