KYCOM vs PCOM (Philly)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KYCOMvsCCOM

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I recently was accepted to KYCOM and received a private scholarship for $30k/year contingent on me attending medical school in Kentucky.

I also recently interviewed at PCOM Philly and felt confident about my interview.

If I were accepted to both, is PCOM worth the extra cost? My goal is to do a neurology residency if that makes a difference. Where I end up practicing does not matter to me.

Members don't see this ad.

30 k a year is a lot of money..how much does that bring tuition to per year relative to PCOM?

I recently was accepted to KYCOM and received a private scholarship for $30k/year contingent on me attending medical school in Kentucky.

I also recently interviewed at PCOM Philly and felt confident about my interview.

If I were accepted to both, is PCOM worth the extra cost? My goal is to do a neurology residency if that makes a difference. Where I end up practicing does not matter to me.

Is the scholarship guaranteed or is there any other stipulations? Is it for all 4 years?

Members don't see this ad :)
Is the scholarship guaranteed or is there any other stipulations? Is it for all 4 years?

I have to reapply for it after 2 years, though my financial situation isn't likely to change by then.

What year are you in?

First year. I love it here so far and the upperclassman do also but 100K is alot of money. You should contact financial aid and explain your situation if you get in and see what they can do as that's alot of money. PCOM has a large endowment (for a DO school) and might be able to work with you. They helped me out a bit.

Last edited:
Neurology isn't very competitive and any DO school will get you there. I don't know much about kycom, but it doubt pcom is $100k better.