Kypho cost of kits in asc and office.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheJuice

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello. How much are you paying Stryker or Medtronic for your kypho kits in office or asc?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Ha... my Stryker rep was unwilling to go below like $1750 last time we talked. I have a deal with the Merit Medical rep in my area for some kits for $1350, which include two introducers. They have an interesting all-in-one no-mix cement system. It has a super long working time too. I haven't tried it with a patient yet, but I'm looking forward to it.

I had been using IZI, but honestly the equipment is crap and too flimsy for the super thick cement. I've broken stuff off in the process of trying to fill cement sticks.

I don't understand why hospitals, who are always trying to save a buck by screwing over employees, gladly pay whatever prices reps quote them. If my small time operation has the bargaining power to get a kypho kit down to 1k, a high volume hospital, whose business every company is competing for, should not be paying 7k

Reactions: 1 users
Is Stryker the only kit that offers 14g cannula? I am trying to do this in office with just PO sedation but feel like it will be much easier with a 14g vs 11g cannula. Currently though Stryker is quoting over $2K while MDT is more like half that

Is Stryker the only kit that offers 14g cannula? I am trying to do this in office with just PO sedation but feel like it will be much easier with a 14g vs 11g cannula. Currently though Stryker is quoting over $2K while MDT is more like half that
I did a PO 3 level kyhpo in the office with no iv/po meds last wee

I used a 11G.

I am not suggesting dont use sedation. it's all about selecting the right patient. Also last I checked I dont think their 14G can get a curved needle through it

We’re paying closing to 3k for our in office Stryker stuff. Need/want cheaper option

$3k? The procedure only pays $4k.
Start by choosing a cheaper kit from Stryker.

Hand mixer, no curved needle, one balloon

Ha... my Stryker rep was unwilling to go below like $1750 last time we talked. I have a deal with the Merit Medical rep in my area for some kits for $1350, which include two introducers. They have an interesting all-in-one no-mix cement system. It has a super long working time too. I haven't tried it with a patient yet, but I'm looking forward to it.

I had been using IZI, but honestly the equipment is crap and too flimsy for the super thick cement. I've broken stuff off in the process of trying to fill cement sticks.
that's what i use, so much better and easier

Reactions: 1 user