kyphoplasty

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

justinhale

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if anesthesiologist trained in pain management capable of doing this procedure? Any suggestion to any fellowship that offer this?
:D

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know if anesthesiologist trained in pain management capable of doing this procedure? Any suggestion to any fellowship that offer this?
:D

there are a few pain management doctors that do vertebroplasty....I dont know too many that do kyphoplasty (but some do I am sure)

Members don't see this ad :)
We did it at UNM. I did some as a resident, without the pain fellowship.

MD Anderson does a very large number of vertebroplasties and kyphoplasties, probably more than anyone else, due to the large number of vertebral compression fractures they see in myeloma patients.

Im a pain fellow at MDACC. We do a ton of cement procedures here, probably more than any one institution in the country. From what I hear, the State of Florida has the most people undergoing Kyphoplasty than anywhere else, so I assume there are Anes/PM&R pain docs there doing it. All the fellows this year training at MDACC are credentialled by Kyphon to do the procedure. No other pain fellowship right now offers this added bonus (per my discussion with a Kyphon rep), but correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks guys for the inputs.
It looks like pain procedures are the wave of the future.