LA psych programs

Started by ocean
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ocean

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know what the call schedule and overall work hours are at the various LA programs? I'm looking for a more relaxed, family friendly program. Any insight/suggestions would be very useful.
 
I don't know anything about any LA programs. (Los Angeles or Louisiana?)

But I can only tell you that most urban/city programs don't have what you're looking for. If you're asking about Los Angeles, I've also heard that California programs in general also push residents harder than other states.

Most city programs, and I mean the big ones in the "concrete jungle" areas like Newark, Chicago, bad areas in NYC and the like can get quite hectic. (I'm not talking about the cities that don't have any skyscrapers, low crime rates, etc) Maximum allowed call schedules with all nighters and 6 work days/week.

If no one gives more specific info, you might want to just call up the programs you're interested in & and ask. They might be able to refer you to a secretary or resident who's willing to talk to you.