Lab Management University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BoardShivers

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
What do people think of LMU by ASCP/APF? Is it worth?

Members don't see this ad.

Not the Lmu, but I took the lmd from cap. It was good, but still not as useful as the stone cold experience of being in practice and under fire.

Not the Lmu, but I took the lmd from cap. It was good, but still not as useful as the stone cold experience of being in practice and under fire.

Anything specifically useful? I was thinking about purchasing one of these if I had CME money left over. Do they have anything on new method evaluations or lab related statistics?

Anything specifically useful? I was thinking about purchasing one of these if I had CME money left over. Do they have anything on new method evaluations or lab related statistics?

It is worth it if you're just starting out as a lab med director. After a couple of years, the utility for it goes way down as you gain actual experience.

I don't remember the specifics of the course. The most useful part of it was learning how to say "no" politely to the clinician and stick to your guns on the numerous inane clinical lab requests.