KellyBean

10+ Year Member
Jan 14, 2007
In the middle of nowhere
Status (Visible)
  1. Post Doc
so you don't like to work with people (your other post) and you don't think you will be able to handle pharmacy courses. Why do you even want to go to pharmacy school?

fmbzp5

10+ Year Member
Jan 5, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacist
so you don't like to work with people (your other post) and you don't think you will be able to handle pharmacy courses. Why do you even want to go to pharmacy school?

At first I laughed at your post then I realized it is a serious point. Then again it is possible to work in some overnight pharmacy with almost no interactions and no compounding needed.

oh and BTW labs are usually the first go around at some technique. Mistakes do happen. I work with people that have had 30 years lab experience in the same protocols they are performing and mistakes still happen. You have to just pay attention and be sure of what to do before doing it. Still things will go wrong.

About the Ads

Cju101

10+ Year Member
Feb 11, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student
Kelly bean

First off- I never said I don't like working with people. I said I dont have good people skills .......WHICH WILL COME WITH TIME, to those who aren't naturally born with them.

Secondly- I've always doubted my ability to perform well in a class. However that doubt is what forces me to work twice as hard, and get as good of grades as I do.

If you can't conduct yourself in a professional manner, please dont reply to my threads. I'm serious about my studies, and Im just here to get adivce from those who's footsteps Im following in.

fmbzp5

10+ Year Member
Jan 5, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacist
Kelly bean

First off- I never said I don't like working with people. I said I dont have good people skills .......WHICH WILL COME WITH TIME, to those who aren't naturally born with them.

Secondly- I've always doubted my ability to perform well in a class. However that doubt is what forces me to work twice as hard, and get as good of grades as I do.

If you can't conduct yourself in a professional manner, please dont reply to my threads. I'm serious about my studies, and Im just here to get adivce from those who's footsteps Im following in.

no offense but kelly was not rude to you in the least! You did say you are scared you won't be able to handle the classes. What other possible interpetation would anyone get but you are scared the material is too difficult for you to handle?

Cju101

10+ Year Member
Feb 11, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student
I see what you mean. I might have been a little unclear. If that was so, I apolijize. I just get really nervous about major life choices. And I was just saying it in that way to see if anyone has felt that way before going through school

fmbzp5

10+ Year Member
Jan 5, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacist
I can understand the being nervous. To be honest I think it is better to be more alert going in than being overly confident and then getting hit in the face with the wall of reality. Just don't be too stressed about labs as I stated, if they have expectations of perfection from the beginning, that person can not remember back to when they were in school obviously.

The two schools I have interviewed at thus far had the dean talking non stop about how difficult the program is and hwo you will need to study 24/7 to even have a chance to pass etc. The students on the other hand said it isn't even as close to being that difficult and not to be stressed out over their comments.

Just do what you have in the past to be successful and most likely the same will happen again.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.