LADOC goes Charles Bronson

Started by LADoc00
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

What does LADOC do next?


  • Total voters
    21
  • Poll closed .

LADoc00

Gen X, the last great generation
Removed
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This week in the adventures of LADOC,

Soooo, as I told our readers, last week a local clinician's office was sending cases to me to do essentially for free. The bulk of their biz was going to large commercial lab. This commericial lab has fancy color reports and digital image embedding. Recently I had a case of obvious carcinoma that had been repeatedly biopsied and sent to this comm lab and read as "acute and chronic inflammation". Curious I asked for the slides from them and they sent em: Well guess what, they missed obvious malignancy. Im saying they stared carcinoma in the face and called them "lymphocytes." To add to their audacity, they actually took a PICTURE of carcinoma for the report with a caption underneath that says inflammation! I could barely control my glee. The big commericial lab had blown it, and frankly it is payback now. I sent the case off to the expert in the field, who naturally agreed with me. Now..............
 
Document the difference of opinion in the report and tell the clinician what kind of quality he is getting from the reference labs.
 
Damn, I didnt realize it was read the story then vote...
Change one (currently the ONLY one) vote for "I'm watching you" to Call clinician.

Thats the way to stop this DAMN QUICK!
Clinicians lose faith in the big lab and they will come running back.
(also document everything, but dont worry it isn't you getting sued)
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
djmd said:
Damn, I didnt realize it was read the story then vote...
Change one (currently the ONLY one) vote for "I'm watching you" to Call clinician.

Thats the way to stop this DAMN QUICK!
Clinicians lose faith in the big lab and they will come running back.
(also document everything, but dont worry it isn't you getting sued)

I believe I selected the ability to vote for more than one choice. Some of you, may do ALL the options listed. Some maybe happy with just one.
 
Hehe...funny.

I think it's time for you to start taking numbers...Rambo-style.