Gut Shot

15+ Year Member
Sep 7, 2003
Status
Attending Physician
http://poetry.rotten.com/dontgawk/

Please note, this is not a nice site. It does not contain happiness or merriment. It is filled with vile things and unspeakable atrocities mixed with a creamy tragedy sauce. Enjoy, if you dare.

OP
Gut Shot

Gut Shot

15+ Year Member
Sep 7, 2003
Status
Attending Physician
AndyMilonakis said:
OMG dude...Havarti has taken SDN path to a whole new level :laugh:
It's my superpower, Andy. I can halt any conversation.

deschutes

Thing
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Jul 24, 2004
On location
Status
Attending Physician
I'm starting to long for the good ol' days when posting poo was testing boundaries.

b&ierstiefel

10+ Year Member
Jul 9, 2004
In a van down by the river.
Status
Non-Student
beary said:
Me too. Today I am determined to think of some research/AP/CP/anything path related questions to post.
agreed. things are getting a bit out of hand here. i mean, i like to joke around and all and be all snippy when provoked, but SDN path is turning into another Lounge.

hopefully newer posters will feel that they can still post serious questions here despite all the tomfoolery and witty banter that have been the topic of many threads recently.

OP
Gut Shot

Gut Shot

15+ Year Member
Sep 7, 2003
Status
Attending Physician
Okay, we can take it back down a notch.

deschutes

Thing
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Jul 24, 2004
On location
Status
Attending Physician
AndyMilonakis said:
hopefully newer posters will feel that they can still post serious questions here despite all the tomfoolery and witty banter that have been the topic of many threads recently.
I'm just finishing up MS3 and I think I've got my career options down to rads or path. Dermpath seems absolutely fascinating! I hear Path is getting more competitive, is this really true? What's the starting salary like?

~
I wonder if all our tomfoolery is the SDN manifestation of thumb-twiddling while waiting for Match results. Just watch, after Thursday's madness you'll all vanish into your plans for the future and I'll be left posting about my umpteenth RUQ pain consult.

OP
Gut Shot

Gut Shot

15+ Year Member
Sep 7, 2003
Status
Attending Physician
deschutes said:
I wonder if all our tomfoolery is the SDN manifestation of thumb-twiddling while waiting for Match results.
There is definitely something to that. I recall last year there was a flurry of activity leading up to the match (a.k.a The Annual Pathology Money Shot), then things got rather quiet for awhile.

OP
Gut Shot

Gut Shot

15+ Year Member
Sep 7, 2003
Status
Attending Physician
AndyMilonakis said:
dude, that's too weird. that's the exact kind of PCR machine we got here in the lab. :eek:
So you already know how to work it. Yeah, feel those two supple mounds. Push those buttons and make it hot. Oooh, your extension time is soooo long...

beary

Pancytopenic
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 21, 2004
counting a bone marrow somewhere near you
Status
Resident [Any Field]
deschutes said:
Just watch, after Thursday's madness you'll all vanish into your plans for the future and I'll be left posting about my umpteenth RUQ pain consult.
I'm going back to med school in a month so together we can post anti-clinical posts like madwomen.

deschutes

Thing
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Jul 24, 2004
On location
Status
Attending Physician
Ah, the fellowship of madwimmen :)

I promise to post where I'm going (if I'm going anywhere!) though it'll probably be a little late in coming since I'll be post-call Friday. But the little delay probably won't make any difference, since most of you will be just drifting down from the euphoric all-nighter anyway.