Lamest OR attire

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Brian Fantana

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've thought about this long and hard and thought that we should assemble the lamest OR attire that we encounter on a daily basis. I'll lead

If you're a dude, "do you know how I know youre gay?"
40yearold-1.jpg

you wear the following
L10569932.jpg

Members don't see this ad.

I hate to say it, but we have a few attendings that wear the overcoat like you showed, and, actually, they are a couple of our best people... sad.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Welcome to the forum, Dude.

Please stick around.

I need to laugh more like I just did.

Members don't see this ad :)
The obvious: any guy in a bouffant cap.

"Would you like fries with that?"
bouffantcap.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm gonna have to disagree, Ken. I prefer the bouffants b/c the helmets give me hat head. I never look like that dork, though. For starters, it doesn't cover my ears, and I tend to tuck most of it in the back to hide the poof.

Having said that, I understand the stigma associated w/the bouffant, and promptly remove it upon leaving OR areas.

There was a time that I wore the bouffant as well. Because I couldn't fit all my hair in those caps. I'm a little more tame now. I get haircuts 2 to 3 times a year now. :D

I'm gonna have to disagree, Ken. I prefer the bouffants b/c the helmets give me hat head. I never look like that dork, though. For starters, it doesn't cover my ears, and I tend to tuck most of it in the back to hide the poof.

Having said that, I understand the stigma associated w/the bouffant, and promptly remove it upon leaving OR areas.

WAIT! WAIT! :)laugh:)

I wear the "bouffant" too for the same reasons Bert proses.

But what we wear is not really a bouffant.

My general surgeon S.O. wears a true bouffant.

Its wanna those cloth OR bouffants you buy. Hers is black with some design-s hit on it.

Real "poofie".

Maybe I'll take a clandestine pic of her operating when she isnt looking and post it. :laugh:

Kent, like Bert said, it is possible for a dude to wear the shower-cap-blue-thingie

and still look cool.

uhhhhhh.......OK. Maybe I'm stretching COOL a little. But c'mon.....to the layperson, everyone in the OR, what with masks and caps galore, looks WEIRD.

The obvious: any guy in a bouffant cap.

"Would you like fries with that?"
bouffantcap.jpg

I beg to differ...I wore the bouffant all the time..it's easy on and off...the truly gayest thing to see are the guys that wear the surgical caps on even when they are on the floors and in the cafeteria...now THAT's gay:laugh:

This is what I wear...

skull-cap.jpg

-copro

This is what I would wear, if I really had a big pair of grapes...

propeller-beanie_lrg.jpg

-copro

And, of course, anyone who wears one of these...

FAM_FIRSTAID_FANNY_PACK_KIT-4685.jpg

... should automatically have a large pink triangle or rainbow embroidered on their scrubs.

-copro

Copro, I would have worn that on my neuro rotation. A 58 degree OR is really cold.

What if you take the bouffant shower cap and give it a rakish beret-like tilt?

french-beret.jpg

Hey Ortho dude, I know you can out bench me, but when you wear

4380C.jpg

you actually look like

wonkpic5.jpg

and I am giggling my ass off underneath my mask

Looks like a character from a lost Star Trek episode.

-copro