Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello, everyone. I'm a complete computer **** and am still using my 1998, 333 Mhz, 4 GB dinosaur Packard Bell. It's so old that I don't think Packard Bell even sells computers anymore. I need to buy a laptop when I start pharmacy school this fall but I don't know which brands are reliable. My sister has had a bad experience with Compaq so that's out. I need suggestions.
Here are the minimum required specifications:
I don't need a lot of bells and whistles because I won't be gaming, downloading videos or anything like that. I'd like to spend less than a thousand dollars if that's possible. Please help!
Here are the minimum required specifications:
- Processor: 700 MHz Intel Pentium III or equivalent
Recommended=1400 MHz Mobile Pentium IV or Higher - Display: 15" LCD
Rec= 15" LCD Capable of 1024x768 or higher - Video: 8MB RAM
Rec=16MB RAM or higher - System Memory: 256 MB RAM
Rec=512 MB RAM or Higher - Floppy Drive: 1.44 MB, 3.5" Internal or External
- Hard Drive: 20 GB
Rec=40 GB - Removable Media: CD-ROM
Rec=CD-RW/DVD Combo - Operating System: Windows 2000 or XP
- Software: Microsoft Word & Powerpoint, Outlook Express, IE 6.0, Antivirus (Updatable), Windows Media Player 7.1 or higher
Rec=Microsoft Office 2002/03 (Word, Powerpoint, and Outlook), IE 6.0, Norton Antivirus Full Version, Windows Media Player 8x or Higher - Ethernet Card: 10/100, Internal or PCMCIA, with network cable
- Modem (Analogue): 56K, Internal or PCMCIA
I don't need a lot of bells and whistles because I won't be gaming, downloading videos or anything like that. I'd like to spend less than a thousand dollars if that's possible. Please help!