Laptop/PDA requirement

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ilikepod

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if Scholl or Temple has a laptop/pda requirement? I know Barry does but I wasn't sure about these schools. If so, what laptop/pda do you think they recommend? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Scholl just implemented a computer requirement for all incoming 1st years for next fall. They just sent all the requirements, but they are pretty broad...nothing too specific. I think their requirements have now been posted on the website...not positive though.

ilikepod said:
Does anyone know if Scholl or Temple has a laptop/pda requirement? I know Barry does but I wasn't sure about these schools. If so, what laptop/pda do you think they recommend? Thanks.

ilikepod said:

To my knowledge, Temple has not implement any laptop / pda requirement. Of course, a current TUSPM student can verify this information. At Temple, students can actually borrow a laptop from the Temple University main campus library. Temple University has already installed WiFi access across the entire main campus. Based on the last alumni letter, they are working on WiFi access for the Temple University Health Science Campus. Perhaps, they might extend this to the Podiatry campus as well. TUSPM also has sufficient computer labs available for students to use. Like most schools, many of the lecture materials and supplemental materials are available to the students online, such as Blackboard.

Members don't see this ad :)
if i read their website correctly, I believe DMU gives you a laptop and a pda once you get accepted and attend their school. Anyone know if this is correct?

Dmayor22 said:
if i read their website correctly, I believe DMU gives you a laptop and a pda once you get accepted and attend their school. Anyone know if this is correct?

Yes, the laptop and pda is part of your tuition for the first year. You still have to pay for everything, however it is required that you have a pda and laptop.

Yeah but their tuition is the same if not cheaper than the others so why dont the other schools just go ahead and follow suit?

They are not as progessive as DMU

psionic_blast said:
They are not as progessive as DMU

For some reason that statement strikes a chord with me, perhaps you need to help yourself feel better so, good call!

biocmp said:
For some reason that statement strikes a chord with me, perhaps you need to help yourself feel better so, good call!

It's well known that technologically, DMU is well ahead of the other schools. However, that doesn't mean that the other schools are all horrible!

biocmp said:

Not trying to make myself feel better! Consumers always drive products and services. If you want wifi campus, laptop, pda, etc. Go where they are given and the other schools will follow. This is not a bash just an observation!

DMU definitely has the best technology, although AZPod did impress me as well. But overall, DMU has the best facilities.

ilikepod said:

Beginning with the Fall 2006 podiatry students at Barry, laptops will be given to them by the university. They will meet or exceed the current rquirements. How they are to be paid for has not been explicitly stated on paper yet, that I know of, but the cost is most likely to be rolled in with the tuition according to some campus sources.

ilikepod said:

Beginning with the Fall 2006 podiatry students at Barry, laptops will be given to them by the university. They will meet or exceed the current rquirements. How they are to be paid for has not been explicitly stated on paper yet, that I know of, but the cost is most likely to be rolled in with the tuition accordong to some campus sources.

Scholl has been completely wireless campus for 2.5 years so it is nice to have a lap top for lectures, etc.