Laptop Reqs/Suggestions for each school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

zoovet

c/o 2016
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,
Though I am not an optimistic person, I find that some careful forethought is never a bad thing. So, though there is only a slim chance I'll get in anywhere this year, I nonetheless need to consider this chance before I choose a new laptop in the very, very near future.
C/o 2015ers, which laptops did your school require/suggest/discourage/etc.?
Are Macs okay? Linux? Just Windows?
Have you experienced compatibility issues at all?
How much of your program is via Internet? Are you able to rewatch lectures online?
Hmm... that's all I can think of for now.

Thanks in advance! :D

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Sorry!
I think I actually noticed those earlier, but considering how quickly laptops become obsolete, I figured things might have changed, and now that those in the class of 2015 have started to use their computers, maybe their opinions had changed based on usage habits, curriculum design, etc.

Members don't see this ad :)
Davis continues to require a specific computer that has to be purchased through the school the summer before classes start. We use them every single day - I don't think anyone in our class takes paper notes. Profs and lectures move too quickly to keep up...If you are waiting for a Davis acceptance - do NOT buy a computer. It will be a waste of money.

Auburn has a required tablet that you have to buy before classes start so if AU is on your list, hold off. It's a Lenovo tablet that includes all the software you need for classes and there was only 1 class this fall that everyone didn't use their tablet to take notes.