Laptop

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sbopt87

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I have followed a lot of other threads mainly from dental b/c this is where i have seen the most talk about it.

But I was wondering which laptop everyone is getting for school?

I am getting a tablet also and I am getting the ipad b/c from what i heard everyone at the school I am going to is using them. And to make life simple I would rather use it. Even though I have never used apple.

But besides that I would like to see a thread here on what everyone is getting or planning on using?

Members don't see this ad.

Some schools require a windows platform so check with the school first. I plan on getting a mac book pro. I switched to mac about 6 years ago and don't see myself going back to a PC anytime soon. Just my opinion though.

I also have an ipad, and it's extremely easy to access everything through the icloud. Just my 2 cents.

From older students, they say we are free to get what we want.

Members don't see this ad :)
Im also planning on getting a mac book pro. Since youre getting an ipad, are you planning on bringing that to class and leaving your laptop at home? What are the perks in getting an ipad for school??

some schools are actually requiring an ipad for incoming students (it will have lectures and e-books on them). there is a great app available in the app store called noteability and it allows you do write notes and highlight your professors notes directly on your ipad during lectures. some schools also provide e-books instead of having you buy the textbook, so you can follow along during lectures.

do you know what schools those are? Ive been wanting an ipad as well but need to know its a justifiable purchase.

as of now, I only know that Nova will be requiring an ipad for the incoming class this August. I'm sure other programs suggest or require one. email or call someone in the program of the school you will be attending. unfortunately, there is NO student discount for ipads, I tried. there is a 10% discount for laptops and desktops through the apple store though. good luck.