Technology Laptops for Shelf Exams

Started by Meehh
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Meehh

New Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone have any advice on laptop types (operating system/screen size, etc.) for taking shelf exams?
 
Last edited:
My school does use USMLE exams for finals and they count 20% of our final grade. We also used laptops for taking the tests, and you will be able to make out the figures just fine despite screen size.
 
If you find that this is a concern, you could always purchase a monitor to hook up to your computer when you need it. I also opted for a smaller screen on the computer for mobility purposes, and have been using an external monitor when I'm at home. If you are looking into getting a tv soon as well, you can find flat screens that have the capabilities to hook up to the computer. Here's what I have now: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...CategoryId=pcmcat95100050006&id=1165610938777
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Screen size should not be an issue. The smaller the laptop better it is, because it is easier to carry. Plus, you are alway close enough to the screen that seeing a figure or diagram is not a problem.

Again...go with the smallest (and lightest) possible laptop.

KRIS - How's it going man? I hope your summer is going ok.