Laptops for Texas pharmacy schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Knickerbocker

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone have any information about laptops required for pharmacy schools in Texas? I ask because a relative wants to get me a laptop for Christmas, but I want to be sure that it would work out if I got into pharmacy school.

Realistically, any modern laptop should work, but I know that some schools act weird because they have special agreements with Dell and they might not give me certain software if I had a computer from another manufacturer.
 
The only school that has specific laptop requirements is Tech, or at least thats what i remember from interviews last year. All they really wanted was vista anywayz. If you get a laptop this year you'll definately be set considering its a relatively new one.

Does anyone have any information about laptops required for pharmacy schools in Texas? I ask because a relative wants to get me a laptop for Christmas, but I want to be sure that it would work out if I got into pharmacy school.

Realistically, any modern laptop should work, but I know that some schools act weird because they have special agreements with Dell and they might not give me certain software if I had a computer from another manufacturer.