Large Animal Experience

Started by esojoe2
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

esojoe2

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello,

Can someone tell me a good place to gain large animal experience ? I stay in Down town Edmonton, Canada and I have no previous experience on a farm. I volunteer at the zoo, but I would like to gain experiences with farm animals.👍
 
I would see if you could volunteer at a riding stable or something like that. That way the horses are (usually) pretty quiet and good to work around. Maybe do the same at a cattle farm too (isn't there lots of cattle farms in Alberta?)After that see if you can shadow a large animal vet once you have some more large animal experience and are comfortable working around the animals.