Large or Small Animal?

Started by jlm179
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

jlm179

RUSVM c/o 2015
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What do you want to do?

I want to do large animal, well solely equine. The vet I have a job offer with once I graduate has a small animal clinic as well so I may also study that.

Sorry if this topic has been done a lot!
 
It might change...and there are a lot more options than small vs. large.

I'm in zoo med focus....also known as special species. I still get to do all the small and large animals, but get to work with some extremly strange creatures too.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
neither 😀 zoological medicine all the way here. techincally, it would be a mixture though - just not the typical small/large animals you think about.
 
Probably mixed practice. Most practices around here are primarily dog/cat, a few rabbits, lots of horses and farm animals (lots of small hobby farms in the area, plus 4H).

Plus my RI has already claimed me as her equine vet. I told her fine, as long as I don't have to eventually put down Coquette (RI owns her, I just love her like my own and compete with her), and I don't have to work on her big grey mare who hates me.