Large time gap between primaries and secondaries?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

brown_doc

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know that it is not considered late to apply DO until November, but I also hear about the idea of having no more than a 4 week gap between one's primary and secondary application. I turned in my primary application early on, but I haven't been able to turn in most of my secondaries. For some, it'll probably be an 8 week gap until I can turn it in. Is this gap really an issue, or a myth? If I submit my secondaries in September, will my app be considered differently than those who also submit in September, but have less of a gap between their primaries and secondaries?

None of the schools I'm applying to have a hard deadline.

Members don't see this ad.

Most schools are too busy to check the dates between primary and secondary. They just keep reviewing files and when yours hits it will be reviewed on the basis of scores, letters, etc. No one is going to note how long it took to get the file complete.

I don’t ever remember hearing anything about this, but September is quite early for anything related to AACOMAS or secondaries. Each school staggers applications in different ways as well.

Reactions: 1 user
Most schools are too busy to check the dates between primary and secondary. They just keep reviewing files and when yours hits it will be reviewed on the basis of scores, letters, etc. No one is going to note how long it took to get the file complete.
thank you for the reassurance!