Larkin Ortho Program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DbDan

I like Bones
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was hoping someone would have some information on this program (or perhaps a current resident). Interviews are approaching and are going to cost me a fortune to book flights, etc. so I wanted to find out more before I could 100% commit. It looks like the hospital is fairly small (146 beds) and has only 6,600ish ER visits a year which is 1/15th of some of the places I have been. They'll have 20 ortho residents when the program is full along with another 10 surgery residents and a boatload of other programs. My biggest question is, can the hospital even support that number of programs with its current size?

I've tried to research on here about the hospital and it seems there are some strongly negative reviews ranging from 90% of the patients and staff don't speak english to problems with their family med/IM programs to some angst among residents. I've tried to reason it as any training is better than not matching but there are obviously some red flags. Has anyone rotated at the program or worked at the hospital who can shed some light on how they plan to support and train that many residents without the hospital volume? I've been lucky to have some other interviews but obviously I want to have the strongest chance of matching. PM or response in here would be great if anyone does happen to see this. Thanks

Members don't see this ad.