Larkin Orthopedic Surgery Student Rotations

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Orthos123

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all and welcome to audition season.

I am a second year at Larkin and wanted to give an update on our medical student rotation status. Last year we were unable to provide audition rotations due transitions in our program. However, this we year we are happy to announce that we will again be able to give fourth year medical students interested in our program the opportunity to rotate with us for a 4 week block. We will likely only be able to accommodate 2-4 rotators at a time, so this will be decided on a first come, first served basis. Any who are interested can follow this link: Application Process and contact our medical student coordinator to set up your rotation.

As an aside, I know ACGME accreditation is a question everyone is asking and wanted to let you know ahead of time that we will very soon be having our site visit. We have worked hard to amend our previous application and are looking forward to this visit.

For those of you interested, please feel free to ask questions either on this thread or through private message, whether it be about our program or application questions in general. Thank you for your time and good luck.

Members don't see this ad.

Administrstion at Larkin is cancer. The hospital does not have the residents best interest in mind. I would advise potential students to stay away from Larkin. Receiving ACGME accreditation will be a problem for all their programs, especially when it comes down to the onsite review. Filing an application and receiving pre-accreditation is one thing but truly passing the site visit is a whole different ballgame.

Administrstion at Larkin is cancer. The hospital does not have the residents best interest in mind. I would advise potential students to stay away from Larkin. Receiving ACGME accreditation will be a problem for all their programs, especially when it comes down to the onsite review. Filing an application and receiving pre-accreditation is one thing but truly passing the site visit is a whole different ballgame.

It is true that the battle isn't over with ACGME after initial accreditation is granted., but we are working hard to improve our program daily.

Reactions: 1 user