Lasalle Psyd pre-reqs???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

megmont

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I received an email about a tests and measurements course that I need to take before the fall. I just have a question for those of you accepted to LaSalle...Are you in the same boat as me? And if so did they tell you this prior to yesterday? I am a little annoyed as the first summer session starts on May 12. Also, the financial aid and registration office say I cannot add the class because I'm only accepted for the fall, not for this year's summer sessions. I suppose I just do not understand why they did not mention this earlier and when I called to ask precisely this, the woman was very curt with me and said, "Well did you read the bulletin??" I wanted to say some expletive, but I simply felt like an idiot and said, "Oh yes."

Members don't see this ad.

I received an email about a tests and measurements course that I need to take before the fall. I just have a question for those of you accepted to LaSalle...Are you in the same boat as me? And if so did they tell you this prior to yesterday? I am a little annoyed as the first summer session starts on May 12. Also, the financial aid and registration office say I cannot add the class because I'm only accepted for the fall, not for this year's summer sessions. I suppose I just do not understand why they did not mention this earlier and when I called to ask precisely this, the woman was very curt with me and said, "Well did you read the bulletin??" I wanted to say some expletive, but I simply felt like an idiot and said, "Oh yes."

I'm having the same issue now. May I ask how the issue was resolved?

I'm having the same issue now. May I ask how the issue was resolved?

I am also having the same issue. They just e-mailed me today. Also, there are almost no other schools that offer it so we kind of need to take it at La Salle. Are you guys going to do the first may session or the second session? I don't graduate until the 21!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I am also having the same issue. They just e-mailed me today. Also, there are almost no other schools that offer it so we kind of need to take it at La Salle. Are you guys going to do the first may session or the second session? I don't graduate until the 21!!

I'm having trouble finding any information about the course. Could you link me to the info? Luckily it's an online course...

Hope this helps if anyone was confused like I was! I emailed Jennifer asking for some info and this was her response:

Hi,

Dr Cori McFadden will teach the class. She is an alum from our program and has been teaching this summer course for us for years. The summer semester starts May 16th and runs for 12 weeks. Dr McFadden will email a syllabus to everyone in the class prior to the semester starting.

I will take care of the registration for this course.

Wow! I think that's a little late to inform you guys. I had a similar situation but received the information about an Intellectual Assessment class I would need to take together with the information of acceptance which was a notification two weeks after the interview....

I'm having trouble finding any information about the course. Could you link me to the info? Luckily it's an online course...

...an online class for a Psy.D. program - tests and measurements online??? Are you serious? This doesn't sit well with me. I would not want to do that + pay for it. I am not a friend of online classes and have never taken one but would not expect an online class in a non-online doctoral program :thumbdown:

...probably helps if you have not moved to Philly yet. But still...how about the quality of ed??

...an online class for a Psy.D. program - tests and measurements online??? Are you serious? This doesn't sit well with me. I would not want to do that + pay for it. I am not a friend of online classes and have never taken one but would not expect an online class in a non-online doctoral program :thumbdown:

...probably helps if you have not moved to Philly yet. But still...how about the quality of ed??

I obviously have not taken the class yet, but it's not a doctoral-level class AFAIK. It's just to get everyone up to speed, since apparently most of our cohort has not taken the prerequisite.