Last 60 Hours???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MyFutureBH

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a quick question about how schools figure your last 60 hours.

Do these hours only inlcude the last 60 hours of your undergrad only, or do they include the classes that you have taken after undergrad into those 60 hours??

Also if you know of any schools that look at the last 60 or 90 hours please list them !

Thank You !! :)

Members don't see this ad.

I feel bad because I keep saying this entire phrase when answering questions.

It depends on the school.

I've done a huge amount of research on schools in the last few months to determine where I want to to go. This was a question I had too.

Most of the schools I've been looking at don't use the last 60 credits system, but the ones that did seemed to only consider the last 60 hours before the undergrad degree was completed.

On the flip side, certain schools will look at your last 60 total credits, including post-bac. Unfortunately, I don't remember which schools did this, but I remember that were only two that did it the latter as opposed to the former.

I have only ever seen the last 60 credit hours counted backwards starting with your most recent course. If you've taken classes after your undergrad, they would count those first while working backwards into your undergraduate classes if necessary.