Last chance!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
S

svalenzuela02p

Hey everyone out there. I have received one last chance to make it into medical school this year. Actually it is my only chance. I have been accepted to osteopathic school, but it is just not the same. I have been invited to interview at Loma Linda University. However, I interviewed there last year and did not get in. I have been rejected from everyone else this year. So, I am asking all of you guys to say a quick prayer for me. I strongly believe in prayer and please feel free to give me last chance interviewing advice. Thanks for all your help.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey svalenzuela02p,

Good luck at your LLU interview and I'm sure you'll do fine. I'm just curious. If by some chance things don't work out for you at LLU, are you going to turn down your DO acceptance and try MD again?

Just said it! Good luck.

Members don't see this ad :)
Have faith in your abilities! Be yourself! Think positive! Don't compare yourself to others, and focus only on thy self! Do practice interviews! Don't worry and be happy! :)

Don't underestimate the power of one chance (cuz that's all you need!) Anyway, here's one of my friend's stories from last year: 15 applications, 1 interview -> 1 waitlist -> 1 acceptance in the summer. Best of luck to you!

to respond, no I will not turn down my DO acceptance. DMU is a fine school. I will be slightly disappointed and have to deal with explaining what a DO is, but I am a REALIST. I WILL NOT waste my time applying to med school year after year. With soo many other options I would recommend the same to all of you re-applying. To re-apply once is ok, but beyond that is just sad. In the time that someone re-applies three times they could have been in their fourth year of med school at DO or Foreign med school. I know too many people who I have tried an failed and ended up going somewhere else. So, I am not going to waste my time. In addition, I will be done with my master's this year and must move on. The education at DO is EQUIVILENT to MD. If any of you have any questions about DO school don?t be afraid to check out the DO forum or the PM me.

Originally posted by svalenzuela02p
to respond, no I will not turn down my DO acceptance. DMU is a fine school. I will be slightly disappointed and have to deal with explaining what a DO is, but I am a REALIST. I WILL NOT waste my time applying to med school year after year. With soo many other options I would recommend the same to all of you re-applying. To re-apply once is ok, but beyond that is just sad. In the time that someone re-applies three times they could have been in their fourth year of med school at DO or Foreign med school. I know too many people who I have tried an failed and ended up going somewhere else. So, I am not going to waste my time. In addition, I will be done with my master's this year and must move on. The education at DO is EQUIVILENT to MD. If any of you have any questions about DO school don?t be afraid to check out the DO forum or the PM me.
I am glad that you see it that way. I also thought it would be a mistake to give up the DO acceptance just to apply again. I understand you would be slightly disappointed if you don't get into an MD school, but there isn't really anything to be disappointed about. You will still become a physician either way. This should take off the stress and pressure at the Loma Linda interview. Were you able to schedule the LLU interview?

svalenzuela02p,

good luck buddy, I really hope you make it in this year, remember to send thank-you letters and a follow up letter of interest after your interview with updates on what you're doing now.

Good Luck!!

svalenzuela02p....you will definitely be my prayers.....and I wish you the best of luck!! Congrats on your acceptance....I am so happy to see someone who realizes that an MD and DO are BOTH doctors....just with different philosophies......keep us posted on Loma Linda!!

For everyone else out there good luck.....I say a prayer for all of us every night....this process is can be so tedious at times.....especially when it's your second time around the block!!!

The second time around the block did the trick for me...and it made me even more determined to make it through...

Don't ever give up...

Thanks everyone for your prayers. I think the interview went well, but now I have to wait----I hate the waiting game :confused:

Remember if you really want to be a MD don't settle for a DO degree. Your time spent on after medical school will be far more important than time you've invested into getting into one. 1 to X number of years of reapplying is/are quite insignificant to about 25 years spent on caring for others...

"O give thanks unto the LORD; for he is good: for his mercy endureth for ever." psalms 136:1

Needless to say I made it into medical school. I got the call this morning. I was soooo happy I cried =))))):D

thanks for all your prayers. I guess it does only take one acceptance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YIPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE I am GOING TO BE AND MD MD MD MD MD MD MD

ALL you guys out there, you can do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey, that's great! Congrats :clap:

Nice, Congratulations. I am very happy for you. :clap:

I love it when people succeed.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Awesome!!!

Congrats!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

I am soooo happy for you!

I think one truly appreciates medical school when they realize how hard it is to get in, especially for those in your position. I know it is hard to get rejected and feel like no school wants you, but the truth is you only need one acceptance and when you only get one, you appreciate it all that much more :) instead of receiving a pile of acceptances and having to choose between schools. I think ultimately this experience made you into a more humble and appreciative person.

Seriously, I am very VERY happy for you, especially as a re-applicant.

Once again, Congratulations :clap: :clap: :clap: