last date for CS?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Acherona

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is first week of April too late to take CS? I'm figuring you need the results by mid-june. Does it take really take 3 months to get the results?

Members don't see this ad.

Or to put your score on your ERAS app.?

(thats what Im wondering)

As you're an MS-IV, are you required to pass before med school graduation? Or before starting residency?

eh, who knows. from what I can tell, with the way things are moving these days, if you take it by about mid-june, you'll have your score just in time for the ERAS application in that same calender year.

Too late for what? To start residency?

yea sorry, to start residency. I can take it in March, but I'll have to shell out a sh**load of $$ for travel. However that's better than not being allowed to start residency b/c I don't have my CS score. Hence the dilemma.

And my school doesn't have any requirement regarding CS (only need to pass CK to graduate).

At least you didn't have to fly 2500 miles to the nearest CS testing center to take your test! :eek:

yea sorry, to start residency. I can take it in March, but I'll have to shell out a sh**load of $$ for travel. However that's better than not being allowed to start residency b/c I don't have my CS score. Hence the dilemma.

And my school doesn't have any requirement regarding CS (only need to pass CK to graduate).

Then taking it first week of April should be enough time as I recall you don't need it to get an ECFMG certificate or to graduate, just to start residency. HOWEVER, if you should chance fail the CS (it happens) then you will be screwed, so I'd suggest taking it as early as possible to allow for this (however remote) possibility.