• Set Yourself Up For Success Webinar

October 6, 2021 at 2 PM Eastern/11 AM Pacific
    SDN and Osmosis are teaming up to help you get set up for success this school year! We'll be covering study tips, healthy habits, and meeting mentors.

Register Now!

• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW
  • Site Updates Coming Next Week

Site updates are coming next week on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

last date for CS?

About the Ads

howelljolly

10+ Year Member
Aug 30, 2007
  1. Resident [Any Field]
eh, who knows. from what I can tell, with the way things are moving these days, if you take it by about mid-june, you'll have your score just in time for the ERAS application in that same calender year.

Acherona

15+ Year Member
Nov 21, 2004
  1. Attending Physician
Too late for what? To start residency?

yea sorry, to start residency. I can take it in March, but I'll have to shell out a sh**load of $$ for travel. However that's better than not being allowed to start residency b/c I don't have my CS score. Hence the dilemma.

And my school doesn't have any requirement regarding CS (only need to pass CK to graduate).

Winged Scapula

Cougariffic!
Staff member
Volunteer Staff
Apr 9, 2000
forums.studentdoctor.net
  1. Attending Physician
yea sorry, to start residency. I can take it in March, but I'll have to shell out a sh**load of $$ for travel. However that's better than not being allowed to start residency b/c I don't have my CS score. Hence the dilemma.

And my school doesn't have any requirement regarding CS (only need to pass CK to graduate).

Then taking it first week of April should be enough time as I recall you don't need it to get an ECFMG certificate or to graduate, just to start residency. HOWEVER, if you should chance fail the CS (it happens) then you will be screwed, so I'd suggest taking it as early as possible to allow for this (however remote) possibility.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.