Last date to take GRE?

Started by james6911
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

james6911

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
When do you guys think is a good time to take the GRE? I was planning on taking it late November that way i get it back by December but i have no clue as to when registration opens. Any advice is appreciated... thanks
 
When do you guys think is a good time to take the GRE? I was planning on taking it late November that way i get it back by December but i have no clue as to when registration opens. Any advice is appreciated... thanks

You can take the GRE at any time just go to ETS.org and register for the test
 
I would suggest taking it in October. The new GRE can only be taken once every 60 days, so it's not a bad idea to give yourself sufficient time to retake it if you are unhappy with your initial performance.

Program application deadlines vary, I've seen some as early as January 15th and others as late as March 1st

Good luck!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Depends on where you're applying! Scores come in fairly quickly, but while the majority of deadlines of around February/March, I know there are a few as early as mid-December and January. If you're applying to any schools with early deadlines, I'd suggest taking it no later than early November!
 
Depends on where you're applying! Scores come in fairly quickly, but while the majority of deadlines of around February/March, I know there are a few as early as mid-December and January. If you're applying to any schools with early deadlines, I'd suggest taking it no later than early November!

Do you happen to know the schools that have the early December deadline? I was considering taking the exam mid-November - December
 
Do you happen to know the schools that have the early December deadline? I was considering taking the exam mid-November - December

The ones I know for sure are the ones I'm planning on applying to:

The University of Texas - Austin - deadline December 15
Pacific University - preferred deadline is December 7 (but final deadline is January 15)