Last few days advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rhino305

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I've got five days left
And I'm trying to read first aid one more time, but it seems to be going sooo slow - how long does it take you guys to read thru the book once?

Also, I've got about 400 questions left on Uworld; so should I finish the 400, or just review the quesitons I've already taken by reading the "educational objectives" and reviewing the ones I got wrong

Lastly, the 150 free questions - do I really need to do them for any reason other than getting used to the test format - I heard they were kind of easy
Any suggestions are appreciated

Members don't see this ad.

for sure finish UW, and do the 150 cause lots people say that they notice maybe 1 or 2 repeated on there actual exam since some of them are still in the real Q bank.

I found the last couple of days to be fairly worthless, no matter how hard I tried to push myself.

I'd recommend doing the 150 free questions.
While I've heard that they are considered relatively easy and I didn't feel that they were as difficult as many of the NBME questions, I feel much better going in having done them. Only a handful of questions are gonna be the killer ones, most will be the moderately difficult and "easy ones."
The last few days are really hard to deal with, I'm having a hard time pushing myself to keep reviewing and doing some questions. You're not alone.
Best of luck! :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey, I got through the first aid in 5 days. If you break it down to about 70 pages a day its doable. Granted I studied 12 hours a day non-stop. I was also referencing some external sources while going through and making notes of all the tiny details that I missed and quizzing myself constantly. I'm glad I'm finished. I have one day left to go review weak areas. Seems like neuro anatomy and cell bio are the bug-a-boos (not to sound like goljan) so I'll concentrate on those.

The last week is the hardest but the most crucial. I was able to push my USMLE world score up quite a bit in those last few days, and so many connections were made on that last time through the first aid. So endure one more week of misery but realize its just a few more days and then its party time. So push as hard as you can.

Good luck everyone.

Hey, I got through the first aid in 5 days. If you break it down to about 70 pages a day its doable. Granted I studied 12 hours a day non-stop.
I went through FA one last time in 5.5 days and wasn't nearly as diligent as Mikie (who will rock this test! Good luck!!). I read like 10 pages/hour without going through any other sources, and kind of skimmed the stuff that I felt really comfortable with. Then in the evening I'd do a qbank or go over something light, like anatomy flashcards.

:luck::luck: !

Hi,

I wanted to if anyone is willing to share their usmleworld Qs bank. I am taking the exam on the June 22 and was interest in doing some Qs. If so please email @ [email protected]. Thank you much. ;)